Sublime Forum

Support for Touch Bar (MacBook Pro 2016)

Thanks but theres no information or links to documentation there, it only states “Mac: Added Touch Bar support” and that’s it from what I can see?

0 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have a Mac, so I can’t help you. I would suggest that you consult your Mac documentation or the Apple support web site.

0 Likes

It’s not macOS that I need documentation for though, it’s Sublime Text, it’s all good and well to say it ‘supports the touch bar’, but - what does it support? How do you configure Sublime to do things with it? It’s application specific.

0 Likes

This article should help you. Pay attention to the section “From within Apps”.

0 Likes

Thanks @jackeroo and sorry for the late response.

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but for some reason in SublimeText there doesn’t seem to be View -> Customise Touch Bar:

0 Likes

I do however see this option in many other apps:

0 Likes

Wish I can configure commands for Up / Down arrow buttons on touchbar. Right now they navigate through results, but I would happily remap them to navigate between bookmarks.
Does anyone know if touchbar support is implemented using python or compiled code? Maybe I can hack it by myself in case of python.

0 Likes

Touch bar support is implemented in C++. It is not currently exposed via the API.

0 Likes