Sublime Forum

SublimeLint (Realtime lint highlighting)

The configuration is different (for the most part, sublimelint requires zero), and there’s a slight variance in the language support. Which language were you trying to lint? The latest branch of sublimelint only uses external linter commands (even for Python, because st3 switched to Python 3).

The readme of github.com/lunixbochs/linters lists the required command for each linter.

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]The configuration is different (for the most part, sublimelint requires zero), and there’s a slight variance in the language support. Which language were you trying to lint? The latest branch of sublimelint only uses external linter commands (even for Python, because st3 switched to Python 3).

The readme of github.com/lunixbochs/linters lists the required command for each linter.[/quote]

I was trying Lua, I have luac available in path and SublimeLinter was able to find it and use it.

0 Likes

It would be nice to have a preference controlling if the linting errors should be drawn in the view, this way we can find these quickly in the minimap.

0 Likes

Have you tried the command panel “Show All Errors” option?

0 Likes

Yes.

0 Likes

same issue as Saxi, but on C/C++ though clang is installed.

Also there is update issue with ST3, log from console:

SublimeLint: Checking for linter updates (last: 58605.76802802086s).
Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “X/threading.py”, line 639, in _bootstrap_inner
File “X/threading.py”, line 596, in run
File “lint.update in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\sublimelint.sublime-package”, line 76, in update
File “lint.update in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\sublimelint.sublime-package”, line 26, in get_head_sha
File “lint.update in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\sublimelint.sublime-package”, line 23, in fetch_url
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 160, in urlopen
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 479, in open
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 591, in http_response
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 517, in error
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 451, in _call_chain
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 599, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not found

0 Likes

Updates work for me on OS X. Perhaps an issue with an old version.

0 Likes

I’ve installed it in ST3 but it does nothing. Does it require any previous configuration or I just have to install it from package control?

In ST2 I used sublime linter and I had to, for example, install node.js to have javascript lint or give the path to my php.exe for php.

I also tried installing the ST3 branch manually with no success. What am I missing?

0 Likes

[quote=“ecco123”]I’ve installed it in ST3 but it does nothing. Does it require any previous configuration or I just have to install it from package control?

In ST2 I used sublime linter and I had to, for example, install node.js to have javascript lint or give the path to my php.exe for php.

I also tried installing the ST3 branch manually with no success. What am I missing?[/quote]

did you figure out why it’s not working? i’m also having the same issue

0 Likes

Any external linters you want to use must be in your PATH. As of Sublime Text 3, Python is also via an external linter.

github.com/lunixbochs/linters/b … E.markdown for a list

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]Any external linters you want to use must be in your PATH. As of Sublime Text 3, Python is also via an external linter.

github.com/lunixbochs/linters/b … E.markdown for a list[/quote]

luac is in my path, and SublimeLinter worked flawless in ST2, but never got SublimeLint to work in either.

0 Likes