Sublime Forum

Sublime Won't Launch on Mohave

Sublime stopped launching for me this morning on Mohave.

• Launch the app
  • Menu bar briefly says ‘Sublime Text’ and shows the menu items
  • The it disppears from the menu bar and is no longer running

I have tried

• rebooting
  • installing the latest version
  • removing /Users/yourUsername/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3

When after removing the application support folder, when I launch the Sublime again it does manage to recreate the application support folder.

There was an OS update today, not sure if the problem was happening before or after. Sorry for that.

1 Like

Cannot launch sublime after Mojave 10.14.5

Same problem here. It started to appear after the last Update.

After a few seconds, I get a completely black Sublime Text window that can be dragged around, but nothing ever loads.

I also tried the steps @ohthepain mentioned (restart, re-installing Sublime Text, removing the Sublime Text 3 folder from user-library). Nothing did solve the issue.

This is how Sublime Text looks like:

0 Likes

Try this: Crash or Memory Leak on macOS Mojave 10.14.4?. Note that you’ll need to edit the settings file (possibly create) with another editor:

• Sublime Text: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
  • Sublime Merge: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Merge/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
0 Likes

Yes, I can confirm that invalid content in the Preferences.sublime-settings file caused the problem.

I don’t know why deleting the “~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3” folder did not solve the issue, but after editing the settings file and removing the “theme” setting everything went back to normal - so maybe the theme was broken…?

0 Likes