Sublime Forum

Sublime Text versus Visual Studio Code in 2019

Someone asked on discord, but I am going to answer here: I use Sublime Text because my computer was very slow and the only thing which ran fast on it was Notepad++ and Sublime Text, but Notepad++ does not have a Command Palette, then, I am using Sublime Text. Now my computer is fast, but I am sure it is fast enough to run VSCode. I am supposed to stop using Sublime Text and start using VSCode, but I did not have the time to rebuild everything I got done for Sublime Text on VSCode, yet.

But the thing which most gets me mad and I remember most about other Tools as Eclipse mostly is how many bugs it just throws off right on my face every day. It is just not incredibly slow but bugged as hell. And upgrades? Forget it, if you install your plugins on Eclipse and try to update the damn thing 6 months later, everything breaks and you have to reinstall everything from scratch. Just an insane tool. Only perfect maybe for someone who does not use any plugin, has tons of RAM and a super fast computer.

1 Like