Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 reloads old version over new saved file

I am working with a file and have saved new changes. However, every couple of minutes the file is reloaded to an old version it sees on disk, and I lose my changes. The reloaded version is always the same, and I believe it is how I had it yesterday. I have tried restarting ST3 and even rebooting my machine. Any ideas on what is going on here?

0 Likes

Some crazy package. Remove them all reverting to clean state and see if the problem persists.

Links:

1. Complete clean install proceedings
  2. Reverting to a clean state (backup your data)
1 Like

Is this a normal file on a conventional file system or is it being mapped by some file mapping software (or an smb share)? Do you have other software interfering with the file that might cause it to show up as modified? Did you change ST’s settings to auto-reload without prompting you?

0 Likes

Thanks. This did solve the problem, but it would be nice to find a more minimal solution.

1 Like

This is indeed a normal file on a conventional system.

It was a .php file, and no other process would be accessing it for any reason (it was not live on a server, for example).

After I realized what was happening, I turned always_prompt_for_file_reload to true. This stopped the file from reloading automatically, but I did get that prompt every couple of minutes.

Reverting to a fresh state seemed to be the way to go. Looking in the console after starting up showed several errors from loading some packages and finding some settings, and I could not chase down all of these problems.

0 Likes

showing this

0 Likes