Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 build 3170 beach ball of death intellisense

This is related to my other post titled “Sublime Text 3 build 3170 crashes if I try to remove Sublime Linter or if it runs”. I think it’s a chapter of errors and slowness, not just a single cause.

I’ve re-installed Sublime-linter and it’s working fine, no crashes now.

However what I’m getting now is whenever I hover over a word with the cursor, then the beach ball of death (Mac OS X 10.12.6) appears for about 30 seconds before the Intellisense-type list of references to that term appears.

I don’t have any kind of intellisense plugin installed, so this is native Sublime functionality. I think it’s happening because there are just a large number of files in my node_modules project (which is normal for a node project). I should point out that it never used to be a problem (even on the same project) before build 3170.

This has really nerfed my workflow with Sublime. How can I switch that intellisense thing off for a project or in general? Or better yet, can it be fixed so that it doesn’t obstruct me and just happens in the background?

0 Likes

To disable Sublime Text’s “intellisense popup” you can set "show_definitions": false, in your preferences.

As node_modules are a mess of duplicated libraries by nature you can/should think about excluding them from indexing at all to gain some performance. To completely remove them from Goto Anyithing and Indexing you can make ST consider them binary by following the proposal of

If you just want to exclude them from index, you’d try "index_exclude_patterns": ["*.log", "node_modules/*"]

0 Likes

this has been reported at

0 Likes