Sublime Forum

Sublime Does Not Install

I hope I’m not missing anything obvious but I can’t get Sublime Test 2 or 3 to install.

I’ve downloaded and tried to install both 2.0.2a (5,601,488 bytes) and 3103 (7,548,888 bytes) with the same result.

When I double click the .exe, nothing happens - and I mean nothing.

I’m running Vista SP2. I tried disabling my ESET firewall to no effect.

Suggestions?

0 Likes

Have you downloaded the portable version, extracted to a folder, and inside that folder run sublime_text.exe?

0 Likes

Vista doesn’t recognize SHA256 code signing certifications, as Windows 10 now requires. I think you should be OK with the portable version though.

0 Likes

Unable to install Sublime Text on Windows

Thanks qgates & jps

The version I was describing was the “normal” Windows version.

I downloaded and extracted the “portable” version.

The same thing happens when I click sublime_text.exe - absolutely nothing.

0 Likes

I take that back. The portable version of Sublime 2 works. Yeah!

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Glad to hear that Greg. I recommend you download and install Sublime Text 3 (3103) as that is the version which is receiving active support, feature enhancements and updates.

0 Likes

Thanks qgates.

I will definitely use version 3 when I upgrade my OS. As it stands, both the normal and portable versions of Sublime 3 do not work on my PC. I’m happy enough with 2 for now - it’s way better than Notepad and I’m just learning anyway.

0 Likes

Might be useful to get to the bottom of why ST3 won’t work for you - it should. Did you try 32 and 64 bit portable versions? Are you running Vista 32 or 64 bit? Since portable versions just extract to a folder, it’s a piece of cake to try them alongside other versions.

Also it’s worth noting that the portable and normal installs are the same codebase, so if something works as a portable build it should work as a normal installation too.

0 Likes

Re-imaged my PC the other day with Vista and now Sublime 3 installs so must have been some sort of software issue.

0 Likes