Sublime Forum

Sublime auto-completation

Hello! I’m new of ST forum.
I need help to change ST auto-completion: I want change C++ auto-completion because it’s incorrect for what I want to do. I’ve already read what is “scope” and I followed too guide, but no-one was efficient for C++ (but this guide was efficient for other language).
I’ve already done this change for LaTex language with one file .sublime-completions (but with this file I cant see a pop-up windows with helps), but I can’t replace C++ default setting whit the same method.
Can I replace C++ (default setting) whit my personal C++ auto-completation settings? And if I can, how I can do this modification?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english!

0 Likes

The default Sublime Text C++ package does not seem to have auto-completion neither special settings.

1. Do you installed some third part package?
  2. What settings do you want to replace?
  3. What do you want to work and it is not?
  4. May you provide some screenshots to illustrate the problem?
0 Likes

I try to explain better, if I write cla… in C++ there’s one help (class), which auto-complete with:
class name
{
public:
name();
~name();

};
in the same file, but I want to have (it’s the reason because I have published the first message) the help for class create one file .h (within the code I have wrote) and one file .cpp within the variables and commands which I’m going to use in the main program…
I hope you can understand my english, if it’s necessary I will post some screen…

0 Likes

From where do you get this Idea?

Do you want Sublime Text to create two files. One file .cpp within the implementations. One file .h within the headers.

Now do you want to Sublime Text complete these files .cpp and .h within the correct method signatures. My question is how does Sublime Text is supposed to know what to write on these .cpp and .h files?

Why you just to create the .cpp and .h files using the snippet you already use when you type cla and Sublime Text auto-complete it with the base model?

0 Likes

I have resolved now my problem, u don’t worry and thanks for all!

0 Likes

I am curious how you solved it. Could you share it? So anyone else on the future may find the solution.

0 Likes

I have tried to reinstall ST because all the files .sublime-completions didn’t works and I have tried all way to solve this problem, after reinstallation I have created the files .sublime-completions for do what I want and they began to work… I think when I have installed ST (with Linux OS) through terminal, they have forgot or ruined one file for the correct operation of ST…

1 Like