Sublime Forum

[ST4] incorrect case on path for search file or on copy file path

doute

After a period of time, a difference between real system path in w10 and ST4 4107 interpretation breaks :frowning:

1 Like

do you use lsp-intelephense?

0 Likes

Please see list below :

{
“bootstrapped”: true,
“in_process_packages”:
[
],
“installed_packages”:
[
“Alignment”,
“All Autocomplete”,
“ApacheConf”,
“ChangeQuotes”,
“Color Highlighter”,
“CSS Unminifier”,
“Dart”,
“EditorConfig”,
“Formatter”,
“GhostText”,
“Git”,
“GitGutter”,
“HTML5”,
“HTMLAttributes”,
“Increment Selection”,
“jQuery”,
“JSON Reindent”,
“LESS”,
“lessc”,
“Minify”,
“Package Control”,
“PackageSync”,
“PhpDoc”,
“Pretty JSON”,
“SCSS”,
“SFTP”,
“SideBarEnhancements”,
“SingleTrailingNewLine”,
“Terminal”,
“Terminus”,
“TrailingSpaces”
],
}

Currently SFTP does not work proprely when ST4 looses case.

0 Likes

I noticed lsp-intelephense sometimes provides wrong case goto definition, but you are not using that. So I have no clue at this moment.

0 Likes

Yes thanks indeed, this is eratic so difficult to reproduce and debug :frowning:

0 Likes

Hey, today I found the cause of the bug, but no idea how to address this :frowning:

• clicking on the file in sidebar works perfectly, path is in correct case
  • but “Find advanced… in parent folder” returns a full lowercase path instead of reality :frowning:

Screenshot%202021-06-15%20163321

Any solution? Who is in charge?

0 Likes

‘find advanced…’ is from a plugin i guess…?

0 Likes

IDK why we’re talking about plugins, right after the ST4 update all my path names have been erroneously lowercased, I’m surprised nobody is screaming about this!

The right-click “Copy File Path” feature also suffers this bug!

Expected clipboard result:

/Users/myusername/code/wa/app/Http/Controllers/Api/Archive/ClaimController.php

Actual clipboard result:

/Users/myusername/code/wa/app/http/controllers/api/archive/ClaimController.php

This error is also in the window title:

0 Likes

Sorry, new users can only post one image in a post

ok

Weirdly enough, when opening 2 files with identical names, but from different folders, one of showed up more correctish:

But ST4 is lowercasing things that were not lowercased in ST3.

0 Likes

If the filesystem is case-insensitive, does it really matter what the casing of the path is?

0 Likes

Yes of course, working on a W10 workstation and uploading to Linux server causes nightmares.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue. When using Find in Files the path generated in the search results does not respect the case sensitivity of the path. This is not an issue for the local file system, but as dqrs points out, when uploading to a linux server, it causes all kinds of problems. I’m using the sftp plugin to sync files on save and they are ending up in the wrong place.

FWIW, when using Command-T to open a new file, the correct path is maintained.

0 Likes

If the filesystem is case-insensitive, does it really matter what the casing of the path is?

I don’t know what you’re referring to, I do right-click “Copy File Path”, paste into terminal with command, get “file does not exist” error, then have to manually correct the erroneously lowercased letters. This only started happening in ST4 and breaks my workflow from years of using ST3.

1 Like

Guys, in my case the source of the issue was the gitignore. After I’ve turened it off it started to behave itself:

2 Likes

Sublime text Snippet search in folder Error

Well done, this is it for me too!

0 Likes

We’ve got a fix for this in the works

0 Likes

Hi, that’s good to hear because this is really a pita, hope it will be released soon. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi
I have same issue. How its possible to turn off gitignore?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Windows 10 also supports enabling case-sensitive filenames on a per-directory basis, or on whole hard disks (I’m not sure about the latter though, only about the former). This feature was introduced for better WSL support, since Linux is case sensitive.

0 Likes

Can you help me how to turn off gitignore? Because i have same problem

0 Likes