Sublime Forum

ST3: File icons disappeared after recent update

I opened up Sublime Text yesterday evening, and as soon as I did, I got a prompt stating that it wanted to update. I okayed the action, and let it do its thing. After I’d finished, I closed the window, and only then noticed that all my pretty Sublime file icons had reverted to the Windows default ‘no idea what this is’ icon.

I figured it was a temporary issue with the update, and they would probably reappear after I restarted my machine. Unfortunately, that didn’t help.

I’m running ST3 (Build 3103) on Windows 7, and prior to this update I had nice file icons for all of my CSS files, but they’re gone and nowhere to be found.

Using Nirsoft’s FileTypesManager, I was able to check the paths that it’s checking for file icons, and it gives this:

C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\ICO\CSS.ico,0

…which is not a valid path. I’ve hunted around to try to find the missing icon files online, but come up with nothing. Is there something I’m missing?

0 Likes

Ugh, never mind - I’d forgotten that I had found my own set of icons over a year ago - I guess the update deleted those. For reference, you can download a full set of Sublime Text file icons (for both Mac and Windows) from here:

0 Likes