Sublime Forum

[ST3] - Do not operate the default combination of keys in the Russian layout

Problem description:

There is a problem with the Russian language using combinations of the default keys, example: ctrl + c, ctrl + v, etc.
As i found out it is due to the fact that the system (all normally works within the system) defines them as ctrl + cyrillic es, ctrl + cyrillic em.
Fix it somehow, I can not, this situation makes it difficult to work with the text included with Russian layout.
Please fix this problem, as it was manifested in the editor, and his work with the input method.

Repeat Steps

1. Terms and conditions: The presence of two keyboard layouts on the system, Russian, English (United States)
  2. Open Sublime Text 3 and type in any layout
  3. Copy and paste the text in the English layout, make sure that everything works
  4. Copy and paste the text in the Russian keyboard layout does not work

Actual results

It does not work copy and paste if you select Russian keyboard layout

Expected results

Everything will work just the same as in the English layout

Versions

• App: Sublime Text 3 3114
  • Platform: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Russian text:

[ST3] - Не работают сочетания клавиш по умолчанию в русской раскладке

Описание задачи:

Есть проблема с русским языком при использовании сочетаний клавиш по умолчанию, пример: ctrl+c, ctrl+v и т.п.
Как удалось выяснить это из за того что система(внутри системы все нормально работает) определяет их как ctrl+cyrillic es, ctrl+cyrillic em.
Починить это как-то, не удается, данная ситуация существенно затрудняет работу с текстом при включенной русской раскладки.
Пожалуйста устраните эту проблему, так как она проявляется именно в редакторе и его работе с методом ввода.

Шаги воспроизведения

• Условия: Наличие двух раскладок клавиатуры в системе, Русская, Английская (США)
  • Открыть редактор набрать любой текст в любой раскладке
  • Скопировать и вставить текст в Английской раскладке, убедится что все работает
  • Скопировать и вставить текст в Русской раскладке, не работает

Фактический результат

Не работает копирование и вставка если выбрана Русская раскладка

Ожидаемые результаты

Все будет работать так-же как и в Английской раскладке

Versions

• App: Sublime Text 3 3114
  • Platform: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
1 Like

I can confirm this bug. CTRL-Z, for example, doesn’t work too. But CTRL-D, CTRL-U and other sublime specific key combinations work fine.

0 Likes

I solved this problem by adding new keybindings for russian layout. My post about it: http://reivan.gitlab.io/2016/10/27/key-bindings-with-russian-layout-in-sublime-text.html

1 Like

Hi!

I feel sorry to revive an old thread. But this very same problem still persists as of today, 10th of August 2020. Basic shortcuts are broken in Cyrillic layout, other non-Latin based layouts are probably affected as well.

Very inconvenient to suffer like this for years. I don’t know any other software that would distinguish languages for shortcut recognition. Please, fix it soon.

0 Likes

This has been fixed for future versions of Sublime Text.

0 Likes

Good to hear, thanks! Can’t wait for the release.

0 Likes

If you own a license there’s a beta available on our discord server: Sublime Text Discord Server

0 Likes

@ratijas try to downgrade to version 4121 - this helped me.
sudo apt-get install sublime-text=4121

0 Likes