Sublime Forum

ST3 crashes on saving 90% of the time and seems to lock file until reboot

Please delete, Notepad++ just did the same thing this is not a Sublime issue

So I just started using Sublime Text and I love it, the only problem is saving. It seems to work for the first few minutes or maybe the first file I open I’m not entirely sure considering I have to reboot every time it happens. When I save with either Ctrl+S or File>Save (but not Save As) ST3 stops responding. After force closing ST3 the file is basically frozen until I reboot, I can’t copy, cut, delete, or rename it, nor can any other editor edit it. After the first time this happens it happens 100% of the time there is no way I can find to fix this behavior, after rebooting it does the same thing on the first save. I saw something about stability issues that started after build 3114 so I moved back from 3126 to 3114 and it seemed to work but then I opened it today and its broken again. It really sucks because I really love the editor and its perfect for what I do but if I can’t save the file its kind of useless. I’m on Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit using the x64 portable zip. I did install 3126 and thats where I first encountered the issue. Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Likes