I'm editing a PHP project, and when I add parameters for methods named
init_answer_providers_for_post( $post ) or
get_answer_provider_for_post( $post ) Sublime Text climbs to near 100% of the CPU and beachballs for several minutes once I type "$p" or "_p". I've tried quitting the app, trashing the
Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Cache dir, but the problem recurs reliably. When the app settles down again, the auto-suggest menu briefly appears and then closes. (It's a WordPress project, so "post" is a common word, in case that helps.)
If I type the text in a comment, then cut and paste into position the hang doesn't occur. I've not noticed it hanging in this way in other situations.