It might be good to know for some. If features are going to be added/removed it may impact the decision to buy or wait.
For me personally I love the editor and want to buy it but its missing one feature that is critical for me. If no more features are slated to be added for version 2 then I might have to go with another editor that has the feature I really need.
I'm wondering about the completion time because my current editor has fallen out of support so I kinda feel I need to switch in the near future. For example when Mountain Lion comes out my current unsupported editor may not work?