Sublime Forum

ST 4092 and 4093 on Ubuntu 20.04, interface problems

Which version of Kubuntu are you able to reproduce this with?

0 Likes

Kubuntu 20.04 (not Xubuntu).
I just tried using a brand new Kubuntu installation in VirtualBox and I still get the issue.

0 Likes

Thanks, sorry I mistyped Kubuntu :). I did my test with 18.04 which is probably why I was unable to reproduce.

0 Likes

@clci I’ve been able to reproduce it in a 20.04-based VM, but only when a new version is installed and the Changelog is shown at startup. Otherwise the app behaves as expected.

0 Likes

I’ve been able to fix the issue. As it turns out some other changes were causing us to call:

g_object_set(settings, "gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme", use_dark, NULL);

Every time the focus changes and multiple times on startup. The value we’re setting isn’t changing, but none the less every time it seems to be reloading the entire GTK theme for some reason.

2 Likes

I had the same issue and clean install helped

0 Likes

Seems to be fixed in 4094, thanks @bschaaf :+1:

1 Like

SublimeMerge 2042 seems to finally fix that issue in SM too. Thanks.

0 Likes

I’m not so lucky :slight_smile:

SM 2042 has some minor issues on Kubuntu 20.04. Not a big deal, though.

It shows a different window decoration compared to ST and all the other applications. The window close/minimize/maximize buttons in the upper-right corner become visible hovering them with the mouse pointer.
Both windows, in the screenshot, are out of focus.

There is also a weird flickering while hovering the Discard, Stage, Discard hunk, Stage hunk buttons, but they work as expected.

0 Likes

Yes; but the original problem is gone :wink:

I also don’t like the size (@bschaaf mentioned on discord that this will change/get configurable in the next build) of the new titlebar.

Here on Kubuntu I the buttons are not visible without hovering, too - hopefully this will also get changed/configurable.

I also notice flickering and artifacts by switching between different applications and ST/SM.

Moreover there is a quite fat border around non-maximized windows (e.g. on the about window, but also of the main window).

Oh and wow, I just manged SM get confused between two of its tabs (they were switching or semi transparent overlayed).

All in all there seems a bit work to be done :wink:

Edit: The last mentioned point is really strange, the whole SM UI starts flickering and jumping. No idea if this is related to Kubuntu but it is super strange and when it occurs makes SM not usable anymore.

0 Likes