Sublime Forum

Some basic questions for ST4

Hey there,

I have some basic questions for ST4:

1. How do I make the cursor blink again? Is there a preference option?

2. When pressing tab for auto-complete, pressing tab on ST3 would cycle through the various options. For ST4, I only get one option when pressing tab. How do I fix this? How do I cycle through and get all the options. Generally the first (and only) is not correct.

3. More generally, when using ST with the file manager, single clicking on a file opens up a tab with the filename in italics. If I then click on another file, that new file shows up in the priors files tabs. Double clicking on the original file creates a new tab, which is fixed until I close it. How do I set the functionality such that single clicking creates a permanent tab. thanks!

4. In general, there needs to be more documentation around customization.

thanks!

0 Likes

1. “caret_style”: “blink”,
  2. This kind of completions (insert_best_completions) no longer exists.
    also see: Making Tab completion in ST4 like ST3
  3. What you see is semi-transient views, which have been around for a while even in ST3. Directly opening all clicked tabs would quickly flood you with open tabs while navigating though tree view.
    I am not aware of a way to open tabs “normally” with single click.
  4. Community driven https://docs.sublimetext.io accepts PRs, AFAIK. I’ve seen so many special workflows and use cases during last years, I would never have thought of myself. I guess it’s hard to write mature docs for such an open and hackable platform. I fully agree it to be an overwhelming topic for new users though.
0 Likes

To get the ST3-style caret blinking, use:
"caret_style": "smooth",

0 Likes

More generally, when using ST with the file manager, single clicking on a file opens up a tab with the filename in italics. If I then click on another file, that new file shows up in the priors files tabs. Double clicking on the original file creates a new tab, which is fixed until I close it. How do I set the functionality such that single clicking creates a permanent tab. thanks!

The "preview_on_click" setting controls this.

In general, there needs to be more documentation around customization.

In terms of settings their documentation is all available inside the default settings file.

0 Likes