Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] Keyboard shortcut stopped working on linux in Build 3126

Hi All,

I’ve been using SublimeText without troubles on Ubuntu linux since early version 2. I’m using the 64 bit version.

This morning I updated from build 3114 to build 3126, and my keyboard shortcut for autocomplete stopped working. I haven’t changed the shortcut configuration. Here it is:

{
“keys”: [“ctrl+space”],
“command”: “auto_complete”
}

When I press ctrl+space, the buffer briefly flashes, but nothing is brought up. The default shortcut of alt+/ works fine and properly brings up the autocomplete panel, so at least I know autocomplete is working.

I cannot find any other conflicting shortcuts (even installed the KeyConflict plugin to double check). How can I begin troubleshooting this issue?

0 Likes

1. Reverting to a clean state (backuping your data)

If the problem persists, fill a bug report on: https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues
If it is working fine, then:

1. Do a complete clean install proceedings, and if it not work, revert to a clean state and follow 2.
  2. Start installing your settings until you find out what to do it stop working.
0 Likes

in the ST console type:

sublime.log_input(True)
sublime.log_commands(True)

then try pressing Ctrl+Space and check what is displayed in the console.

if everything is working well, you should see:

key evt: control+space
command: auto_complete

0 Likes

Thanks, I will give this a try later today when i have some time and report back.

0 Likes

Thanks this is really useful.

It looks like no input OR commands are being registered by sublime. When I press alt+/ i get:

key evt: alt+/
command: auto_complete

But when I press ctrl+space, i get zero output in the console. Perhaps the OS is intercepting it first?

0 Likes

Aaaaand that was the problem. Must have updated my OS and some configuration changed.

It was bound to “Next input” on ubuntu. Solution here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2207330

2 Likes