Sublime Forum

Simple while True loop freezes sublime completely?

Hi all,

I am using latest Sublime Text 3 on Ubuntu 16.10.
I have some basic packages installed for python and I am mostly building using the default Python Build System, although this issue also occurs with the Sublime-REPL-Python build system.

A simple ‘while True: print(“True”)’ loop causes sublime to completely freeze, background gets dark, and the app become unresponsive, the only way to get out of it is killing its PID.

It’s a fresh installation of both sublime and the actual OS… with the same setup just on 16.04 I never had any issues, but I am not sure if it has anything to do with it.

My Sublime setup is the one mentioned here pretty much:

http://www.gtlambert.com/blog/python-sublime-text-3

Please let me know what information I could provide in order to try and troubleshoot this further, or if you have any ideas on what could be the cause.

Thanks.

0 Likes

it seems someone else has also reported the same thing, although they didn’t get any replies

0 Likes

I noticed that if I add a minor sleep() between the prints, it works just fine, but clearly this is not a solution to the problem.

0 Likes

also related:

0 Likes

I want to start this 2019 following up this thread, I ran too the below and Sublime Text has never responded back, I tried everything, uninstalling the Application, deleting the Sublime Text 3 folder C:\Users\USERX\AppData\Local\Sublime Text 3, also I tried un/re-installing both the 32 bit and 64 bit version and no success

Python code:
while True:
      print('Infinite')

I can’t use Sublime Text 3 anymore.

0 Likes

What is your problem with this python code?

while True:
      print('Infinite')

And why you cannot use Sublime Text anymore?

Why none of the answers you get on the following threads helped you?

1. Infinite Loop Issue
  2. Infinite loop inside Python script
  3. https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/infinite-loop-causes-the-whole-system-to-crash-python

See also:

1 Like