Sublime Forum

Sidebar related issue in latest dev build (3128)

Hello.

The new dev builds introduced some awesome new stuff, however, there’s an issue in regards to the sidebar.

In detail when opening a folder (or a project) the sidebar is …empty.

The only way to …populate is is change theme (activate a new one and back to one you had).

If a screencast or something is needed, I will be more than happy to provide one.

Thank you.

3 Likes

you can also toggle show/hide open files to get the sidebar to display it’s contents without needing to switch themes

0 Likes

Oh - so apparently it’s a known issue.

Any idea if/when this is going to be addressed?

0 Likes

I think it’s safe to say it will be :laughing:
hopefully as soon as Jon can reproduce the problem on his machine :wink:

0 Likes

Thank you.

Oh one last thing, any way what’s the command to use for a keyboard mapping on “hide open files” / “show open files” so I don’t have to go through the menu?

0 Likes

The command is toggle_show_open_files. You can find what commands are being executed by typing sublime.log_commands(True) in the ST console, and checking it after executing a command, whether it is from a keybinding, command palette or the menu etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome - thank you!:slight_smile:

0 Likes

In addition, opening the project with the sidebar always shows this artefacts in it:

Reloading sublimes fix this issue until you open another project.
Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Win 7 x64

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem. Had to revert to a previous build. Anyone have a fix? Is it a problem on our end or a Sublime problem?

0 Likes

I’ve seen this happen too, Windows 10 x64. Specifically it seems to be triggered by the “Switch Project”/“Quick Switch Project” actions, or opening a .sublime-project file by double-clicking it in an Explorer window. The “Open Project” action doesn’t seem to cause this behavior.

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue. When I open sublime using subl . to edit the current folder, I see an empty sidebar.
It populates again after toggling ‘show open files’. Glad to know I’m not the only one with this problem.
Otherwise very happy with the app.

0 Likes

I can confirm this is now fixed in the latest build (3129). Thank you Sublime team!

2 Likes

I’m seeing the “folders” text stack on the sidebar on 3129 for OSX as well.

0 Likes

Still seeing it in Ubuntu. This is simply after starting a new project and adding a folder ‘foo’.

Also, a bump for another sidebar problem.

0 Likes

this is being tracked at

0 Likes