Sublime Forum

Sidebar folders frequently "messed up"

Hi,

I have a project set up with various folders and subfolders. Every now and then this gets messed up, and folders that are there, don’t show up in the sidebar, or folders with subfolders can’t be expanded.

When that happens the CTRL+P command still works so Sublime still seems to have the files in the index, but I cannot browse to those files.

All I can do to revert is to simply restart Sublime Text and the folder structure is once again represented correctly in the sidebar.

I haven’t been able to find any trigger to reproduce this, and would love to know if anybody else has experienced the same issues, or can give any pointers for where to look?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I’ve been seeing the same. A similar issue I suspect is that sometimes if I click on a file in the sidebar, a completely different file is opened.

I’m currently using build 3114.

Is there a later build available that fixes this?

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Yes, it just happened again to me. Does anybody have any idea on how to track down the cause of this? Could there be something found in the console? Some sort of logging? It’s just really annoying and I’d like to get rid of this bug…

0 Likes

Are you using any plugin that programmatically changes the order of the files in the sidebar? For example SortTabs? If not then at least you could list all your installed plugins (apart from default ones) and then maybe someone will be able to help.

0 Likes

Just had this as well for the first time. Clicking around in the sidebar caused the weirdest interactions. At the end I had some folder 50 times as a top-level folder that was unopenable. I also couldn’t collapse the main folder and there was some fake folder (“data”) inside it that actually expanded the contents. At a time, clicking a file would always open the previous one in the list. I couldn’t open any of the files you see at the start and end of the video. And more stuff.

Unfortunately I don’t have reproduction steps.

https://a.desu.sh/cekgfs.webm

0 Likes

Good point. No, I don’t.

Here is the full list of installed plugins:

"installed_packages":
[
	"BracketHighlighter",
	"Browser Refresh",
	"CFML",
	"ColdFusion",
	"ColdFusion Docs Launcher",
	"DocBlockr",
	"Enhanced HTML and CFML",
	"Git",
	"GotoDocumentation",
	"GotoTab",
	"Hasher",
	"jQuery",
	"LiveReload",
	"MarkdownEditing",
	"Package Control",
	"PackageDev",
	"PHP Syntax Checker",
	"PlainTasks",
	"PowerShell",
	"Preferences Editor",
	"rsub",
	"SFTP",
	"SideBarEnhancements",
	"Solarized Color Scheme",
	"SublimeCodeIntel",
	"Superlime",
	"Tabright",
	"Tag",
	"TidyTabs",
	"VBScript"
 ]

A few of these are ignored though:

"ignored_packages":
[
	"ActionScript",
	"Browser Refresh",
	"ColdFusion",
	"ColdFusion Docs Launcher",
	"ColdFusion-Indy",
	"ColdFusion-Script-Sublime-Snippets-master",
	"Git",
	"Markdown",
	"SublimeCodeIntel",
	"Superlime",
	"TidyTabs",
	"Vintage"
],
0 Likes

I am using the ‘TabsExtra’ plugin, which does try to sort tabs when they’re opened and closed.

Could this be the cause of the issue? It’s very confusing not to have the tabs sorted in order to be able to find them, so it’d be nice to keep this behaviour if possible.

Andy

0 Likes

Tabright seems like a plugin that could cause such problems.

0 Likes

Yep, could be. Any plugins that work with tabs positioning could trigger this bug.

0 Likes

It probably would be fixed quickly if we would find a way to reproduce. I had one in Sidebar view of open files goes bad but it seems like that particular case was fixed already.

0 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try to disable Tabright and and see if that works

0 Likes

Well, I did disable Tabright, but the issue still persists…

0 Likes

Just a note, it is on my list of things to do to take a pass at rewriting the current sidebar implementation for the sake of fixing some extreme performance degradation in specific situations. There is a decent chance that this will be fixed during that process.

As usual, I don’t have an ETA. I did, however, want to let you know I have seen this bug report.

5 Likes

Just wanted to chime in and say that in my case disabling TabRight does stop it from happening. Need to restart to clear an already messed up state but after that there is no issues. Enable TabRight and click around in the folders or open a couple of files and it’s quickly all messed up again.

Unfortunately that leaves me with either a broken sidebar or what is to be completely nonsensical opening of tabs. Would be great if we could just have a built in option to always put new tabs and start or end.

0 Likes