Sublime Forum

SideBar Enhanc.. (Clipboard, Open With., Reload renamed)

New Build Install Issues. Installed in latest ST beta using Package Control 2.0.

Per your GitHub

Troubleshooting Installtion:

If you have problems with the installtion, do this:

Open the package folder. Main menu -> Preferences -> Browse Packages.
Completed

Close Sublime Text.
Completed

Remove the folder “Packages/SideBarEnhancements”
There was no “Packages/SideBarEnhancements” folder

Remove the folder “User/SideBarEnhancements”
There was no “User/SideBarEnhancements” folder

Navigate one folder up, to “Installed Packages/”, check for any instance of SideBarEnhancements and remove it.
Completed

Open ST, with Package Control go to : Remove Package, check for any instance of SideBarEnhancements and remove it.
Completed

Restart ST
Completed

Open ST, check if there is any entry about SideBarEnhancements in Package Control(in sections: “Remove Package” and just in case in “Enable Package”)
Completed, there was no evidence of SideBarEnhancements

Restart ST
Completed

Install it via Package Control.
Completed

It works
No it doesn’t :smile:

Upon inspection, “Packages/SideBarEnhancements” and “User/SideBarEnhancements” folders are not being created. Side Bar.sublime-settings is being created in the Users folder.

When right clicking on any file, it shows only one single menu item - close.

Thanks,
Matthew

0 Likes

Matthew, Great homework! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

…Now read the first Question of the FAQ: github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements#faq:slight_smile:

[quote]Q: Why the menu is not shown on Open Files?

It should be mentioned that the package’s context menu is only available for files and folders in a project (section Folders in the side bar), and not on the open files listed at the top of the side bar, due to a limitation of ST.[/quote]

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Tito. So much information, so little time. Sorry I missed that in the FAQ.

Can you enlighten me as to why “Packages/SideBarEnhancements” and “User/SideBarEnhancements” folders are not being created after I install SideBarEnhancements?

After reading your troubleshooting guide, I immediately assumed the installation was failing b/c of the lack of those two folders…

0 Likes

Your are welcome, thank to you for detailed debugging. The folder are not created because in ST3 the package resides in a zip file with extension sublime-package. (in ./Packages/…/Installed Packages/HERE). In ST2 these were unpacked to the Packages/ folder. I’m sorry for the confusion. As most people with problems, where trying to install it in ST2. I’ll update the readme

0 Likes

system configuration:** Sublime text3 build 3065 + Ubuntu 14.04**

I want to add preview in Browser and found that Siderbar Enhancement (SBE) is best plugin to do that. below are the steps

1. Folder added and project and work space created in ST3
  2. Install [SBE], following the instructions. First removed previous instance of SBE and then install via via Package Control.
  3. Restart the ST3.

But still no menu in folder context menu?

Is that any issue with plugin/system or am I missing something?

0 Likes

right click any file or folder and select “open in browser”, if you want to “open in browser” the current view/tab, then add a keyshortcut as described in github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … s/#f12-key

0 Likes

Hello!

I want to open folder with git-bash using open with menu on windows.

The command is following and work correctly "C:\Program Files\Git\bin\sh.exe" --login -i

The configuration if following:

{
				"caption": "git bash",
				"id": "side-bar-files-open-with-gitbash",

"command": "side_bar_files_open_with",
				"args": {
					"paths": ],
					"application": "\"C:\\Program Files\\Git\\bin\\sh.exe\" --login -i",
					"extensions":"",
					"args":]
				},
				"open_automatically" : false
			},

But i get the following error

Sublime Text

Unable to “Open With…”, probably incorrect path to application.

ОК

Please, help

0 Likes

I use ST3 on Windows 10.

I have enabled option ‘statusbar_modified_time’ for SBE and it worked nice. Recently I changed in Windows regional settings to use Serbian Cyrillic, so that now provide month and weekday name in Serbian Cyrillic text, like:

but in ST statusbar weekday and month name are presented as question marks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BerXvnwoN3YTRIX0F0SkFqckU/view

What I can do to make this readable and displayed properly? Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi there, in theory should just work as we are using python3, I’m not sure whats really going on, but the code is pretty simple
github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … r.py#L1904

Can you confirm that opening the console (Menu -> View -> View Console ) and running this:
sublime.active_window().active_view().set_status(‘test’, ‘четвртак окт.’);
shows the correct characters?

0 Likes

Hi Tito,

I though maybe is something with UI font encoding, but looks that it’s something with ST Python or some setting (because time.strftime() returns unreadable weekday and month name).

With Python 3.5 in Windows I’m getting English date - https://goo.gl/vnfqE3

Test for statusbar in ST3 as you suggested works - goo.gl/BwNnP9

sublime.active_window().active_view().set_status('test', 'четвртак окт.');

But printing formatted time.strftime() doing this mess - goo.gl/fEXTm8

import time; sublime.active_window().active_view().set_status('test', time.strftime("%A %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y"));

I’m not so good with Python, but any idea to resolve this is welcome.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I fixed my issue by implementing new option to set locale and override system set locale - here is GitHub pull request https://github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements/pull/284

0 Likes

What is wrong with this setup, I am on Windows.

[
    {"id": "side-bar-files-open-with",
        "children":
        [

{
                "caption": "FastStone Image Viewer",
                "id": "side-bar-files-open-with-photoshop",

"paths": ["M:\\PortableApps\\FastStone Image Viewer\\FSViewer.exe"],
                                    "extensions":"psd|png|jpg|jpeg",  //any file with these extensions
                                    "args":[]
                                },
                "open_automatically" : true // will close the view/tab and launch the application
            },

{"caption":"-"},

{
                "caption": "Photoshop CC 2015",
                "id": "side-bar-files-open-with-photoshop",

"paths": ["C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\\Photoshop.exe"],
                                    "extensions":"psd|png|jpg|jpeg",  //any file with these extensions
                                    "args":[]
                                },
                "open_automatically" : true // will close the view/tab and launch the application
            }

0 Likes

Hi there what you mean with wrong, exactly.

0 Likes

I am really stumped. My Sidebar enhance quite working today…partially. The part that I use all the time is view in browser …Chrome Canary…either from the menu by right clicking on the file or pressing fn+F12 (I’m on OSX) and for some reason it quit. I reinstalled but the package showed up in Installed Packages and not Packages as indicated…but that’s where it was before and it worked.

My SideBarEnhancements.json file however throws an error saying that the matching closing bracket is outside the matching threshold and when I select Match Brackets Without threshold it finds the right line and bracket. This is the only error.
I can cut and paste the project urls into the search bar and they do work.

So I am confused and frustrated as I use this addon alla time.

0 Likes

split this topic #154

A post was split to a new topic: Help with Side Bar.sublime-settings

0 Likes

Hi!
Is it possible to add “dublicate file” function in context menu?
What command name?
Thanks a lot

0 Likes

Hello,

How is it possible to see bookmarks in the SideBar?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi

Is it possible to collapse all opened folders?

If i close folder - inside it all folders still opened if i open it again

0 Likes

Left clicking while holding ALT will recursively expand/collapse.

1 Like

How do I report an issue? I see no option for reporting issues in GitHub. The Open With functionality with the “simplified” version is now broken.

I’ve reverted to the previous version as indicated in the readme. That works fine.

0 Likes