Sublime Forum

Search result indicators in scrollbar

Is there any way to get indicator marks in the scrollbar (or minimap) to indicate where in a file search results are located (like in google chrome)?

Also, is there any way to get the find/incremental find bar to show which number match is currently highlighted (out of the total number of matches in a file) – also like in google chrome?

It’s strange that a web browser has a significantly more useful incremental search function than any text editor I’ve been able to find. If sublime text doesn’t have these two features, especially the location markers, does anyone know of an editor that does?

0 Likes

It’s indicated in the status bar.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

It’s indicated in the status bar.[/quote]

Where do I look to see the status (e.g., “match 2 of 12”)? I don’t see anything like that in the find bar.

0 Likes

I think you need to select “Find All” to get the total matched count in the status bar.

0 Likes

[quote=“buymeasoda”]

I think you need to select “Find All” to get the total matched count in the status bar.[/quote]

That still doesn’t do it: clicking Find All closes the find bar leaving all instances selected, but still doesn’t tell me the total match count (and precludes the idea of which match out of the total match count is currently selected). What am I doing wrong?

Are there any plans to add any kind of match location indicator? I’d love to have that functionality (like in Chrome) in a text editor. It would work as part of the scroll bar, like in Chrome, or maybe the lines with a match could be highlighted in the minimap.

0 Likes

@classic695

Go to View > Show Status Bar. When the find bar is open, it will list the number of matches. You can also use the WordHighlight plugin to show the number of instances even when the find bar is closed.

0 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but it is one of the first results for my search and I just figured out the solution, so this could help others in the future.

The “1 of 12 matches” was no longer showing up for me in the status bar when searching. To turn it back on, click the first button to the left of the search text box which says “Highlight matches” when you hover over it. That’s it.

2 Likes