Sublime Forum

Scrolling too fast

When I have one long line of text and wish to scroll through it, or perhaps select a long url of something like that, at a certain point it starts to scroll way too fast and it goes much further to the right than I intend to. Same thing when vertical scrolling. Can that scroll speed be lowered some way? It’s hard to select something long as ik goes crazy scrolling and goes way further than the point I intended to scroll to.

0 Likes

does adjusting the scroll_speed setting help?

0 Likes

No, it does not:
{
“hot_exit”: false,
“ignored_packages”:
[
“Vintage”
],
“scroll_speed”: 0,
“scroll_past_end”: false
}

I’ve got one long line of of json file and when I select-drag it goes way to fast, almost immediately to the end, and I’m past the point I intended to scroll to

0 Likes

So for example: suppose I have Word Wrap off and are looking at one single long line of text. Somewhere in the middel I wish to select a long url. I click at the start and drag to the right, trying to highlight that url. But when I’m at the right of the window instead of moving slowly to the right so I can continue to drag and highlight that url, it scrolls to the right like crazy. And it’s already past the url I meant to highlight. Setting scroll_speed to 0 doesn’t help. Don’t know exactly what that is for, but it isn’t for highlight dragging. When I drag and highlight vertically it does the same though a bit slower.How can I make it go slower when click-drag-highlight? Or isn’t there such a preference setting yet?

0 Likes