the reveal-in-sidebar only works when file parent folder is collapsed. It should always scroll the side bar to make selected file visible.
This might seem like a nice-to-have bug report, but the function is half-useless on very big projects without this issue corrected.
Steps to reproduce:
- open a (very) big folder
- open a file using super+p
- right-click in file editor and choose "Reveal in Side-Bar". The file is correctly shown in side bar.
- open enough folders in your sidebar so that your first file gets out of focus. If your project is big enough and you've opened enough sub-folders, it should now take several seconds to find your first file back by scrolling in the side-bar.
- now scroll your side-bar to make sure your first file is not visible anymore.
- right click in your file editor and choose "Reveal in Side-Bar"
- Side-Bar does not scroll and your file is not made visible.
- "Reveal in Side-Bar" should always guarantee that file is actually made visible in Side-Bar.
- When showing a file in Side-Bar, try to scroll enough to show it in the vertical center of side bar (not bottom as it is today).