Sublime Forum

reveal_in_side_bar is gone

I had a shortcut for “reveal_in_side_bar” command. But after the latest update (from 3125 to 3128) I see it’s gone.

Could you please tell me whether it’s a bug or a feature drop?

0 Likes

The command still seems to be there for me in 3127 and in 3128, although I don’t have a shortcut set up for it and just get it via the context menu in a view.

I think there may still be some ongoing issues with the side bar in the latest version, so possibly the command just isn’t visually working for you at the moment?

0 Likes

Same: ‘Reveal in side bar’ isn’t working (via context menu). I’ve tried disabling SideBarEnhancements as the obvious shot in the dark. Status bar always reports, “File not found in open folders.”

Is this still working for anybody?

Ubuntu, ST 3128

0 Likes

It worked for me. I opened up one of my sublime-projects and it succeeded.

0 Likes

I’m sorry, It works now. Maybe It became accidentally broken during editing. It works for now. Anyway, I’ll switch to 3129 and will notify if this issue will come back

0 Likes

I was able to find a way to reproduce the problem consistently:

mkdir -p st_test/foo/lvl1/lvl2
mkdir -p st_test/foo-bar/lvl1/lvl2
touch st_test/foo/lvl0.txt st_test/foo/lvl1/lvl1.txt st_test/foo/lvl1/lvl2/lvl2.txt
touch st_test/foo-bar/lvl0.txt st_test/foo-bar/lvl1/lvl1.txt st_test/foo-bar/lvl1/lvl2/lvl2.txt

Add the folder st_test to a new project.

‘Reveal in side bar’ (RISB) will work for every file in foo-bar, but only for lvl0.txt in foo. When RISB is not working, for instance for file foo/lvl1/lvl1.txt, “File not found in open folders” appears on the status bar.

Rename foo to baz, and RISB works for every file in baz.

Apparently when two folders named like foo and foo-bar exist in the same project, the paths get confused somehow.

This has been a problem only since 3127.

2 Likes

Sidebar related issue in latest dev build (3128)

@trlorenz you may want to put that info on

0 Likes