Sublime Forum

Restoring files saved in 'Auto Save Session.sublime_session'

Hi,

My centos server that had sublime text crashed recently. There were certain open files in sublime. Fortunately, a backup was available and I was able to find the ‘Auto Save Session.sublime_session’ file. But now I can access the server only through the command line (by ssh). So, I can’t simply re-install sublime and check up the open files.

So, is there a way that I can use this sublime_session file on my personal computer to check the open files in this saved session?

Thanks a lot! :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

of course, it’s just a JSON file, so you can open it and take a look or temporarily replace your personal computer’s Session.sublime_session so that ST on your personal computer will open the session that was autosaved.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Keith.

Temporarily replacing worked.

0 Likes

Didn’t work for me :frowning:

In my case, there are a lot of unsaved files, and they need to be opened on a different machine, where these files never even existed. When I replace the Session.sublime_session file and fire up sublime, it opens a blank window with no tabs, and the session file gets overwritten, all the unsaved buffers – erased. The data is there, safely tucked away in a JSON, but I can’t open it as sublime tabs.

0 Likes