Sublime Forum

Request for a plugin to organize open files by folder

Instead of the tabs, I am using the “Open Files” feature in the sidebar to switch between the files I currently have open. I find that visually easier to find the file I wish to switch to for editing next.

For making it more intuitive to search for where I would want to go next, thinking categorically, as in I need to edit a script next, or a template file, I would like it if they were grouped by their folder - so that all JS scripts come after one another, then a separator, then all template files, then a separator, then the CSS files, etc (assuming of course that the file structure is neat enough, and all the JS, CSS, and HTML files are in their corresponding folders). Alternatively (for less neat projects), instead of their folder, they can be grouped by their file extension.

Currently I do this sorting manually, but am lacking the existence of a separator. For bigger projects that require multiple files to be edited at the same time, it would help very much if this organization was done automatically. Grouped by folder, files sorted by name, manual sorting optional (not required for my needs).

1 Like