Sublime Forum

[DEPRECATED] OTTO theme was renamed to BOXY

Now, you can try these options:

“theme_otto_scrollbars_monochrome”: true,
“theme_otto_scrollbars_wide”: true,

1 Like

I’ve noticed one thing and I’m wondering if it can be addressed. When viewing the theme with the following options:
"theme_otto_tab_selected_prelined": true, "theme_otto_tab_selected_underlined": true,I note that having two or more columns in each column there is an outline suggesting the file is selected. This is confusing because the only thing that shows proper focus is the cursor. See image below for example, would it be possible that the outline or underline is only on the currently selected pane/buffer/etc?

Imgur

0 Likes

Boxy – It Was the Most Hackable Theme for Sublime Text 3

Sorry, it’s not possible. But you can try this plugin: https://github.com/SublimeText/InactivePanes . It changes background color of the inactive panes. Looks very good, especially with dark themes.

0 Likes

I don’t suppose that’s something that we could see support on? I’m not particularly a fan of dimming the entire buffer/screen in order to show focus. @wbond any thoughts on this?

0 Likes

I’ve created an issue: https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/1144. We need focus or active state for selected and focused tab.

0 Likes

From your comment and reading a little of the previous messages for context, it appears that you’d like a way for a theme to modify the tab of the currently focused sheet?

The other thing that comes to mind when thinking about this issue is highlighting output panels when they have focus. Using tab features wouldn’t be applicable since they don’t have tabs.

2 Likes

I imagine you could, in the case of output panels, dim the other content

0 Likes

(Which is what InactivePanes does, by the way. Yes, also for output panels, although not when they are created. Only after they have been activated once.)

0 Likes

Much better now, thanks!

1 Like

:mega: BREAKING CHANGES IN 2.0.0: MEET BOXY!

Starting next release (2.0.0 RC can be found here), Otto will be renamed to BOXY! I prepare a lot of sweets for you :wink:

You will need to reinstall theme when 2.0.0 will be released because it requires hard references for different stuff. Read more →

I highly recommend you:

1. Install Boxy manually before it will be released
  2. Review your Settings or see the Quick Start Gallery
  3. Install or Upgrade via Package Control when 2.0.0 will be available.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused to you :person_frowning:

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

Done :wink: See Meet Boxy →

0 Likes

I installed Otto Theme last week, it was really good theme but today this theme automatically removed tom my sublime, and now I am not able to install it from sublime package control… Why this theme has been removed from the package control?

0 Likes

It has been renamed. You should have seen an update message when this happened and will have to manually set the theme (and color scheme) settings.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, but what was wrong with the name otto :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

https://github.com/oivva/boxy/wiki/Upgrading

Some unrelated meaning in some languages it seems.

1 Like

Oh, this is my fault.

Translations:

Ukrainian (Native) ~ That’s What You Need.
English ~ Definitely, not the oil.
Italian ~ Nor 8.
Japanese ~ Not only for men.
Finnish ~ Neither intake.

Sorry for the inconvenience :pensive:

0 Likes

I see no way to modify the color used when highlighting text. I like the darker color schemes, but the highlight color is to close to the background color. I’ve calibrated my screen for my lighting, but it is still almost invisible.

Is this something that I can change/customize in BOXY?

0 Likes

Note: This topic is deprecated. Post your questions here next time.

There are no options for that. However you can do this manually via PackageResourceViewer.

See this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oivva/boxy-extras/master/assets/wiki/package-resource-viewer.gif

1 Like

0 Likes