Sublime Forum

Really wish there was an "Open Folder" in current window option

I am new to Sublime Text so maybe I am missing this option. But on Windows it is really annoying when I open a second folder with “Open Folder”, because it opens a new window in a different position to the first.

I have placed the sublime window in a specific position on the screen, and each time a new window opens, it gets placed in a new location. Something I then need to adjust manually, each time…

I also prefer having one Sublime window open, so that I can quickly tab back to Sublime from other programs. Once there are multiple windows open, then it becomes slow to choose the correct window each time.

What would be very helpful is if there is an option to open a new folder in the current window. If I want to go back to previous folder I can use “Open Recent”. This would solve both problems.

Thanks.
Rael

0 Likes

Requesting tips for a few new user woes: new windows, macros, bookmarks

Maybe use Project -> Add Folder to Project... instead of File -> Open Folder...

0 Likes

hello!

There’s something in ST called project. (project menu)

So, to solve your problem: drag your folder to sublime text, or use project->add folder to project.

You better follow a course about Sublime text because it’s just great, and you’re going to miss a lot of feature if you don’t!

Matt

0 Likes

You can also just drag the folder into the existing Sublime Text Window.

0 Likes

I am aware of the Project menu. However, that is not what I am looking for. I am frequently open lots of different folders on a temporary basis. Project seems to be more for long term use of specific folders.

If you mean that I should add each (temporary) folder I want to view to a Project, then the project gets cluttered with multiple folders in a short time.

If you mean just to open a single folder, I need to manage it in it’s own Project, then is that not an extra hassle for something simple?

0 Likes