Sublime Forum

Random posts showing up in my notifications

Lately, random posts are showing up in my notifications. I see no reason why.

For example, this post: I am confused with my Sublime package error

I’m not referenced in that post anywhere. Yet I’m being notified about it. Is anybody else seeing this issue?

0 Likes

What kind of notifications are you seeing?

Perhaps you are being quick mentioned and deleted.

For example, if I do new post right now mentioning you with @gerry, I still got 5 minutes to edit this post and erase you mention without triggering the edit history, showing that I had mentioned you and removed the mention.

This 5 minutes gap is useful to keep the edit history clean of sequencial minor edits. But can allow triggering the mention of someone and deleting without keeping a history of it.

Also, I just noticed this rule:

Read the topic for more than 4 minutes

Perhaps you read these topic more than 4 minutes.

0 Likes

Interesting.

I think some of the recent ones have been deleted so I can’t check what kind of notifications they were, but here’s an older one: How can I create a "linter binary" for a custom language for Sublime Linter 3?

I was notified about that post. Maybe it was moved from another post that I was watching.

I’ll check any new ones that come in and see what kind of notification is it. I think they’re all replies rather than mentions.

0 Likes

Sorry, I found the issue. Somehow I was watching an entire category. I don’t know how that happened. I checked the settings. I obviously didn’t see it.

0 Likes