Sublime Forum

Proposal: Add option to open settings side-by-side in the active window

I think many users will like this behavior:

I can create a plugin for that, but it would be great to get this out of the box.

Quick concept:

https://gist.github.com/ihodev/98080b1330976ef4e2e3c1580b24a81e/revisions

1 Like

Looks to me like exactly what plugins are for. Every other day someone presents his personal preference for how preferences should be displayed. Configuration options like these have a pretty real cost for the development and maintenance of an application. With plugins all these preferences are possible without burdening the core application and devs with the overhead.

Perhaps we should have a tips and tricks thread to share simple python scripts and macros and what not, without going all the way through package control?

2 Likes

Just chiming in to say that I prefer the own window for side-by-side settings because it has a custom layout, even though I use a two - column layout most of the time. I just wish the default file would be properly reopened after restarting st (currently only the user for will be reopened and the default one won’t).

0 Likes

I believe this is because ST automatically closes any “scratch” buffers when ST is loaded. Normally you see the view load, and then get closed. So I guess it could be worked around by updating Packages/Default/settings.py to set_scratch(False) before the window is closed and set it to True again after ST loads…

2 Likes

File closes unexepectedly

Can you please let me know which color scheme is that ?
Thanks

0 Likes

That’s Monokai Pro. I don’t like its UI theme and the way it highlights the code very much, but colors are awesome :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Interesting; that is indeed what seems to happen. Running view.set_scratch(False) before quitting ST makes the view reopen. Unfortunately, closing the window then prompts for unsaved changes and the restored windows obviously doesn’t have the right View id if the other view with the user settings, but there’s not exactly much helping to that.

3 Likes

Thanks… But I have realized that with other UI themes, the autocomplete colors are barely legible. Did you also face the same issue ? Have you resolved it? If yes , how did you resolve it , please?

thanks

0 Likes

Usually I don’t use it with Adaptive theme, vote for this issue or change styles of the auto complete labels in Adaptive.sublime-theme.

0 Likes