Written in response to this StackOverflow question asking how to replace matched selections between a source & target file.
- get active views of each group in a 2 group window
RegExmatches of a user-defined array of keys which will be matched at both documents
- store value regions of both documents, and string values of the source document
- sort stored values by region
- iterate over regions at the target document, replacing all matched values from the source
The demo is written to work with single tier
JSON files, but can be adjusted as necessary.
RegEx patterns to precede & follow
To use MatchReplace:
- copy the plugin folder to your
- edit the
replacementKeysarray in the
runfunction to suit your match+replace needs
- save the plugin & restart SublimeText
- open a 2-group window layout using Shift + Alt + 2
- move the document you want as the SOURCE to the left group
- move the document you want to MATCH with the source to the right group
- open the Command Palette with Ctrl + Shift + P and run the
Match Replace: Democommand
replacementKeys must be an exact match at both documents ( leading whitespace is ignored ).
If you want to allow for variation within the
replacementKeys, you will need to implement an additional layer of