Sublime Forum

Printing

Not now it seems, check this thread:
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/file-change-detection/21/1

0 Likes

Absolutely! I need to printing field date and other misc documents. My customers require printouts. I very seldom use a text editor for coding (mainly just a quick fix). I have a variety of other uses for a text editor. It’s a nice editor but without a printing function there is no way I will use it.

0 Likes

Printing can be achieved via plugins:

packagecontrol.io/packages/Simp … 20Function (needs additional installation of some software)
packagecontrol.io/packages/Print%20to%20HTML (works out of the box)

Please search the forum before creating new thread, this was discussed already in a lot of places.

0 Likes

Instead of double clicking the files, drag them onto browser.

0 Likes

As I’ve said on here before. Printing is a request by a small but very vocal minority of ST users. While I don’t want to put words into Jon’s mouth, I doubt it will be coming soon. This is not a reflection of how much Jon or ST cares about users request, but a recognition that the majority of ST users don’t care about this feature.

0 Likes

@ntenney: Uhm, what? It’s the 8’th most requested feature: sublimetext.userecho.com/list/20 … category=0

0 Likes

[quote=“Tori”]

@ntenney: Uhm, what? It’s the 8’th most requested feature: sublimetext.userecho.com/list/20 … category=0[/quote]

You should look at my other posts on the subject on the forum. The upvote on that was less than 10% of the registered forum users (it’s now just over 10%). I think that qualifies as a minority.

0 Likes

[quote=“ntenney”]

@ntenney: Uhm, what? It’s the 8’th most requested feature: sublimetext.userecho.com/list/20 … category=0

You should look at my other posts on the subject on the forum. The upvote on that was less than 10% of the registered forum users (it’s now just over 10%). I think that qualifies as a minority.[/quote]

It qualifies as oft-requested and much wanted.

0 Likes

I second that. Dragging onto the browser works fine.

0 Likes

[quote=“lukejeans”]

I second that. Dragging onto the browser works fine.[/quote]

Said another way: It’s an incredibly awkward way to print a text file from a text editor.

0 Likes

ntenney: I’m afraid your logic is seriously flawed. First of all, it’s the 8’th most requested feature on userecho. Second, claiming a minority stance in an argument only makes sense if the majority opposes the issue at hand, which is clearly not the case here.

Printing is highly desired by a large number of users, and that’s a fact.

Not that I think Sublime Text HQ would ever care (at least they didn’t respond to my mail regarding this issue, and “jps” has ignored this forum for months)

0 Likes

Jon respondedto this a while back:

Also, there are quite a few other topics that ask for the very same thing. Here, let me help you searching:

search.php?keywords=printing&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

But please, go on, open another bunch of topics, because this is the best way to show you’re respecting both community and the author.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]
But please, go on, open another bunch of topics, because this is the best way to show you’re respecting both community and the author.[/quote]

Answering a new user in a condescending way is another way to show your respect I guess.

0 Likes

[quote=“Tori”]

I second that. Dragging onto the browser works fine.

Said another way: It’s an incredibly awkward way to print a text file from a text editor.[/quote]

Lol, couldn’t have said it better!

0 Likes