Sublime Forum

PowerUser package for power users

I’ve got it that the original discussion is aged, but the package is still posted at googlecode. Seems like either the package or sublime lack version checking for API support, so it just fumbles instead of reporting something useful such as the package uses an outdated API or somesuch.

In any event, it didn’t make for a particularly impressive first go at installing a third party extension into sublime.

0 Likes

Install Package Control wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control. This installs packages that work with ST2. This should make things go smooth for you.

0 Likes

Thanks, I’ll take a look into that.

0 Likes

I would also recommend against installing “kitchen sink” plugins (plugins that do a lot of little things). Use the editor as is and figure out exactly what’s missing that you need and go from there. In the case of this old plugin, a lot of that functionality exists by default now.

While there isn’t a lot of formal documentation - there are ways to figure out the editor. It just requires a bit more effort than a wiki would provide. Start with the keybinds file (Preferences, Key Bindings - Default). I skimmed through this file when I first started using Sublime and it helped a LOT. It will also help to illustrate the power of the editor as well as the customizability (I think I just made that word up). Also, don’t be afraid to ask. I’ve found the ST2 community to be very nice. Not the usual “lrn 2 srch noob” mindset that a lot of forums have. :smile:

0 Likes