Sublime Forum

Platform specific configurations

I use Sublime 3 on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Today I setup the non-ligature based JetBrains Mono and noticed the font was huge on Linux but appropriate on Linux. I use git to synchronize my configurations so I couldn’t just modify the local settings and have it stick. However, on my Mac, the Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings file isn’t being recognized. The file is located at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/Default and has the content of:

{
	"font_size": 11,
}

Why would this not be picked up on Mac?

0 Likes

User defined Preferences should always be created in the User package. By creating such a file in the Default package, the default settings shipped with Sublime Text are overwritten.

With $packages = /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages

Settings Applied to all OS’s
$packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings

Settings Applied on Windows
$packages/User/Preferences (Windows).sublime-settings

Settings Applied on Linux
$packages/User/Preferences (Linux).sublime-settings

Settings Applied on MacOS
$packages/User/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings

0 Likes

I may be doing it wrong but this isn’t working. Here’s some output showing the contents of the User directory.

User [master●●] % pwd && ls *Preferences* && cat Preferences\ \(OSX\).sublime-settings
/Users/kbreit/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User
Preferences (Linux).sublime-settings Preferences.sublime-settings
Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings
───────┬─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
       │ File: Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings
───────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
   1   │ {
   2   │     "font_size": 11,
   3   │ }
───────┴─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
0 Likes

Platform specific settings aren’t loaded from the User package (although platform specific key bindings are).

0 Likes

So where would I set them? I thought the first responder said they are in User.

0 Likes

https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/settings.html

See here for valid setting load order. Sounds like this might need to be a feature request.

0 Likes

I had key bindings in mind. Therefore was sure it works for settings as well. Ooouuff!

0 Likes

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/PlatformSettings

This appears to solve my problem.

0 Likes

Cursor freezes / lags when typing on new M2 MacBook Pro