Sublime Forum

Pkexec being called unnecessarily?

Sublime 3 build 3124
Linux Centos7
license Teledyne LeCroy
automount with sss/ipa authentication

I am having an intermittent issue that may well be related to my underlying automounted file system but is proving difficult to debug as I only see a problem with sublime saves.

EDIT 10/31
I was able to capture the following error message from the terminal that launched sublime
/bin/cp: cannot create regular file \u2018/…/process_data3.py\u2019: Resource temporarily unavailable

this is presumably what caused sublime to attempt to use pkexec. I will leave this post, in case this information is useful, but it looks like my root cause is in a lower level system

When I’m working on a file I own, make changes, save , make changes again, save … every now and again sublime uses pkexec to do the copy of the /tmp on top of my file. This then obviously requires authentication as an administrator at the shell prompt (presumably, I don’t have polkit configured to use a popup window). The file system I am writing to is an automount which may be related to the issue.

e.g from secure log (… was the correct path to my file)

Oct 27 21:01:59 chips15 polkitd[1536]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:55474:9787872 (system bus name :1.5413 [/usr/bin/pkexec /bin/cp /tmp/.sublcb.tmp …/process_data.py], object path /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/AuthenticationAgent, locale en_US.UTF-8)

What I would like to know is what file test sublime would do that might trigger it to use pkexec for the copy only on some occassions. I’m wondering if it could be related the the file system having been unmounted by autofs and then remounted on demand but not quickly enough for sublime.

Keith Roberts

0 Likes