Sublime Forum

Package control systematically breaks after clean install and an hour of use

Build 3126 on a mac ElCapitan.

Well, after clean install I could at last install some packages I longed for. But after an hour or so, it broke again: Can’t install new packages, back to square one.

Is there a way to fix this permanently?

Just by doing “install package”:

File "/Users/user/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 701, in is_enabled_
    ret = self.is_enabled()
  File "mt_changes in /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/Material Theme.sublime-package", line 66, in is_enabled
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'version'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/user/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 701, in is_enabled_
    ret = self.is_enabled()
  File "mt_changes in /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/Material Theme.sublime-package", line 66, in is_enabled
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'version'
  File "/Users/user/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 720, in is_visible_
    ret = self.is_visible()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'version'```

And then picking, lets say, `colorsublime` package:

```Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "package_control.package_installer in /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/Package Control.sublime-package", line 154, in on_done
  File "package_control.package_disabler in /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/Package Control.sublime-package", line 76, in disable_packages
ImportError: No module named 'package_control'```

UPDATE

Ok, starting to get the hang of it. I went ahead and check the files in the `sublime text 3/Packages/User` directory to find some anomalies in the `Package Control.sublime-settings` file. Some ignored_packages that were non-existant. I just removed those and was then able to use package control as it is intended.
0 Likes

@jimispire Thanks for updating your post. I had the same issue: Package Control was not loading. So I installed it via the code snippet from _[PackageControl.io](https://packagecontrol.io/installation#st3)_ and it shot back the error:

File "/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 837, in is_visible_
ret = self.is_visible()
TypeError: is_visible() missing 1 required positional argument: 'paths'

I am using Sublime Text 3dev on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. By loading _Preferences.sublime-settings_ (User) and just removing the _"ignored_packages"_ line then restarting- Package Control started to work perfectly after the restart.

Hope that helps anyone else with the same issue.

0 Likes