Sublime Forum

Orgmode

This works in Windows (with the problem I mention above), but I can’t get it to work under Linux. The checkboxes aren’t toggled with enter. I’ve tried both the versions by rchl and dannoffs.

0 Likes

Probably because there is no keymap file for Linux. You could just rename Default (Windows).sublime-keymap to Default.sublime-keymap

0 Likes

I had copied the Windows keymaped and renamed it Default (Linux).sublime-keymap, prior to my previous post. I also tried renaming that to Default.sublime-keymap without success. (Out of pure superstition.)

I’ve also looked in the console, but no error messages appear.

Alex

0 Likes

Correction. I get this error under Linux (Ubuntu 11.10):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_plugin.py", line 115, in create_text_commands
    cmds.append(class_(view))
  File "./orgmode.py", line 56, in __init__
  File "./resolver/http.py", line 34, in __init__
  File "./resolver/abstract.py", line 91, in __init__
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Whats your default browser? i use chrome and works very well :smile:

0 Likes

@quodlibet: Same error for me (Ubuntu 12.04). Took me quite a while to track that down. Python seems to have some problems with classes in reloaded modules.

To fix it, remove this line from orgmode.py (near line 39): module = reload(module)

Can anyone tell me what this line is supposed to do? Is there any downside removing it?
More specifically: Why do we have to reload the module that we have loaded in the previous line? Does it do anything that I might need, if I won’t change any of the files after starting Sublime Text?

If you want to use the plugin in Linux, you should add some more changes. I am using xdg-open to open links and files. My changes are here:
https://github.com/BBBSnowball/orgmode

0 Likes

I don’t use the orgmode plugin these days. I use Sublime on both Windows and Linux (at work and home, respectively), so I need plugins to work in both OSs without driving me nuts.

I would like to see development of this plugin, or something like it, to pick up, but there doesn’t seem to be much interest right now.

There’s a long list of outliner/todo/notetaking plugins available for Sublime, but I haven’t found any of them to be fully thought out.

I began putting together a package that suits my needs some time ago, but (not being a programmer) I keep stumbling with the functionality that needs to go in a plugin. I wonder if there’s someone out there with python skillz and a familiarity with Sublime’s API who would be interested in hacking at an Org-Mode/VimOutliner package for Sublime. I’m pretty sure there are other people looking for something like this; they’re just hiding in the woodwork.

Alex

0 Likes

If you guys use orgmode just for todo, you may want to take a look into plain task plugin.

You can take a look at how this works here: tutsplus.com/lesson/pretty-task-management/

0 Likes

I started using sublime text as I wanted something like orgmode (but simpler), and didn’t want to use a online outliner like workflowly (though I do love it).

I also have tried nearly all the todo plugins, including plain tasks, but wasn’t quite happy with any of them. And I wanted something that would work well with markdown, and support a mixed list, of notes and todo items.

I have cobbled something together from a mish mash of other plugins. So the folding behaviour of SmartMarkDown is excellent. I particularly like the syntax of Markdone as it plays nice with markdown, and the solarized themes are nice - just need to modify them to highlight @ and # tags.
And on this thread there is some nice code for folding:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7963&p=39706&hilit=filter#p39706
And filtering:
superuser.com/questions/452189/h … ime-text-2
And this might be useful:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6301&p=30780&hilit=filter#p30780

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]I don’t use the orgmode plugin these days. I use Sublime on both Windows and Linux (at work and home, respectively), so I need plugins to work in both OSs without driving me nuts.

I would like to see development of this plugin, or something like it, to pick up, but there doesn’t seem to be much interest right now.

There’s a long list of outliner/todo/notetaking plugins available for Sublime, but I haven’t found any of them to be fully thought out.

I began putting together a package that suits my needs some time ago, but (not being a programmer) I keep stumbling with the functionality that needs to go in a plugin. I wonder if there’s someone out there with python skillz and a familiarity with Sublime’s API who would be interested in hacking at an Org-Mode/VimOutliner package for Sublime. I’m pretty sure there are other people looking for something like this; they’re just hiding in the woodwork.

Alex[/quote]

Hi Alex, i updated orgmode for sublime to work with windows/ubuntu/mac with sublime 2 and 3.

You will find it here: github.com/danielmagnussons/orgmode

0 Likes

Hi,

I’ve actually ended up using SmartMarkdown and MarkDo (the latter of these is my own concotion). But I’ll have a look when I get the chance, to see if I can steal anything :smile:

Alex

0 Likes