Sublime Forum

Operator italic is not displaying as set by the theme

{
“font_face”: “Operator Book”,
“font_size”: 16,
}

The above font works fine except it does not italicize any specified parts of the code e.g. comment or variable names.

Other fonts I tried have no problems. If I set the “font_face” to “Operator Book Italic”, everything will be rendered as italic. What could be the possible problems? I see that most people are able to get it working fine.

0 Likes

Italic/bold not working

I’m guessing “Operator Book” is a proportional font? If the width of the letters in italic are different to the normal width then ST won’t apply the italics.

2 Likes

Operator should be handled property as of build 3127. We did a bunch of work on handling named font weights, especially on Linux and Windows.

2 Likes

Operator works except that it doesn’t render text as italic. As said, if I change the font to say ‘Operator Book Italic’ it will render everything as so but not as set by the theme. :confused:

0 Likes

Are you saying that using Operator Book with build 3127 doesn’t give you italics when your color scheme calls for it? If so, what platform are you seeing this on?

0 Likes

MacOS Sierra. Though it works on Operator Mono. Thanks. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Oh, you should see a notice in the console explaining if an italic or bold can’t be used.

Because of syntaxes and color schemes typing a character can change the style of preceding text. If we allowed fonts that have varying widths for bold/italic it would allow text to jump around as you are typing.

1 Like

OMG love the new sublime text. Worth the $70 and then some! Only thing I noticed is the italic styling on my comments disappears once I enlarge past 16px. I did customize my font (batman logo curly braces whaaaat). Any idea how to keep the italics even with larger font sizes? Here’s an image with a before and after:

0 Likes