Sublime Forum

Opening small file now takes noticeably longer?

Interestingly the regex cache (data folder Cache/LaTeX/LaTeX.sublime-syntax.rcache) is 9.4MB! The C++ one is 600K.

I think this is probably what I need to investigate. Most likely restoring all of the syntax memory structures from disk is taking a good chunk of time with LaTeX. This seems also to happen with Objective-C++, although to a lesser degree (5MB).

3 Likes

Opening LaTeX files slower than in Version 2.0

@diego898 do you use SSD, HDD, or HD?

0 Likes

I have an SSD

0 Likes

For reference, I normally run the following packages:

• Alignment
  • AutoSpell
  • BracketHighlighter
  • File Icons Extended
  • FileBrowser
  • FileDiffs
  • Gist
  • Google Spell Check
  • Latex-cwl
  • Latexing
  • LinkOpener
  • Material Theme
  • Package Control
  • Plain Tasks
  • SidebarEnhancements
  • Theme - Cobalt2
  • Wrap Plus
0 Likes

The source of this is a combination of the current implementation of include rules and the fact that LaTeX includes a whole bunch of other full syntaxes for highlighting inside of code blocks.

This is further compounded by syntaxes that have large regexes for matching identifiers from the stdlib (like Objective-C and PHP), that are then transitively included in multiple other contexts.

Iā€™m looking into optimizations to help improve this moving forward.

5 Likes

ok great! thanks will and everyone else!

0 Likes

Hello again! Just checking to see if there are any updates on this? Is this the best place to check on that or is there a corresponding github issue that I can subscribe to?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I know that Will has made some changes so that the LaTeX regex cache is about 60% of the size it was (it will take effect in the next build). Iā€™m not aware of a GitHub issue tracking this atm.

0 Likes

Thanks kingkeith - is the next build the one AFTER 3126?

0 Likes

yeah :slight_smile: coming soon I think :wink:

0 Likes