Sublime Forum

Opening external files with double click

I’ve been searching for answers on this issue and I keep finding things related to the file preview or something similar, but that’s not the issue I’m trying to resolve.

If I open my editor with it’s regular shortcut in the taskbar, double clicking on an external file that’s associated with sublime (txt, .js, html, etc) does not work. It appears like it’s attempting to open the file (computer thinks for a couple of secs), but nothing happens.

If I close down all sublime windows and double click that same file, it will open correctly, and then double clicking external files afterwards works correctly.

But if sublime is open without double clicking an external file, through it’s regular shortcut, then double clicking files externally, through the file system doesn’t. If I try to open that same file through [ctrl + o] and finding it, it opens fine as well…

Anyone else running up against this issue or have a solution? My version is: Build 3126

0 Likes

what OS are you using? are you able to drag the files into ST? is your taskbar shortcut to ST using elevated permissions?

0 Likes

Thanks for the response. I’m in Windows 10, unable to drag files either, and my taskbar shortcut has “Run as Administrator” selected in the advanced properties. Changing this to normal permissions seems to resolve this. Good enough for me!

Thank you!

0 Likes