Sublime Forum

Open files list is too far to the left, cant click the 'x'

Hi I’m using the Spacegray theme with Sublime Text 3. As you can see the open files list is shifted to far to the left and the icons for ‘unsaved’ and ‘x’ are difficult to see and click. How can I fix this? Check out my screenshot.

0 Likes

Have you tweaked to theme? Which version of Sublime Text (likely to be 3, but which build)?

Did you try resizing the side bar? Maybe hide and re-show the open files in the side bar (view -> side bar -> show/hide open file)

You can also try to remove and re install Spacegray…

Hope this helps… :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

Build 3126. I tried resizing, show/hide open files, show/hide sidebar. finally i removed the theme and restarted, reinstalled the theme yet same issue. It seems to be an issue directly related to the theme. Other themes don’t have this issue… So question: What file do I need to modify in the theme to fix this?

0 Likes

Sublime Text’s really cool on this point: you don’t need to edit the origin file. In your User directory, create a file with the name of the theme you want to tweak, in you case, I think it’s Spacegray.sublime-theme. In here, you can set some rules that overwrites the “default” ones.

@buymeasoda explains this pretty well: https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/wiki/Theme-customisation

BTW, what’s the font you’re using?

1 Like

Excellent, thank you for the help! I was able to fix my issue with a few tiny tweaks. FYI I’m using Source Code Pro for font at 14px.

{
    "class": "sidebar_tree",
    "row_padding": [10,8],
    "indent": 14,
    "indent_offset": 0,
    "indent_top_level": true,
}

2 Likes