Sublime Forum

One big problem

The main problem with sublimetext is how it works with charsets.

1)** There is no** good tool for fast charset-switch on active file. Only for Open or Save commands.

1. If your file has the charset “windows-1251”, when you open it in Sublimetext, you will get problems - all the text will be destroyed with different encoding.
    Example - I open file with “cyrillic windows-1251” and sublime gives it auto-charset “western windows-1252”. Wtf, lol.
    So you have to go to main menu, then to “open with encoding”, then choose your charset, then find your file on the harddisk, and… god damn this task.

2. No hotkey for double-line command. Yeah, there is some plugin called “web-development”, which does this job buggy.

4)** No tree-hide possibility**.

1. Ten times an hour you get message “please buy sublimetext”, oh.

This text is small review.

Wanna see jps’s answer for this topic.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 2 Public Alpha
  1. No hotkey for double-line command. Yeah, there is some plugin called “web-development”, which does this job buggy.

What do you need exactly? You can probably create your own command for this.

1. No tree-hide possibility.

The tree view is hidden by default, I believe. You should be able to sitch if off at any time.

1. Ten times an hour you get message “please buy sublimetext”, oh.

If you buy a license, you can get rid of this bug.

0 Likes

what about charsets? any solution?

its a big problem for users, who often don’t use utf-8…

0 Likes

As far as I can tell you can only control the fallbackEncoding option. You might want to try to change that and reopen your file from within Sublime. However, if you don’t have any reasons not to, it’d probably be best to switch to UTF-8.

0 Likes

it would be better, if developer of the sublimetext will fix this issue (maybe on X?). Really disappointing.

the first time I see this bug for text-editors.

0 Likes