Sublime Forum

Not enamoured of the new forum

this forum software just blobs every category into the same list. There is no actual categorization of the topics. I for example have no interest in any posting related to plugin development yet all the threads that ai am interested in are buried in a sea of categories that i have no interest in what so ever.
at least with PHPBB (which i agree needed to be changed) you had actual categories. you could simply click on a category you were interested in and see only topics related to that subject.
this forum is garbage. HORRIBLE. you have to wade through a see of CRAP just to get to the interesting stuff.

0 Likes

you can filter to see only one particular category by clicking all categories in the top left and choosing a category

2 Likes

old thread of mine but was away for a while.

what your suggesting is that i OPT OUT of anything I dont want to participate in and thats utter BS. This forum software is UTTER GARBAGE. There is no categorization of threads, everything as stated in the original post is just blobbed into the same wall of text. Adding filters to opt out of things im not interested in is a non solution, what if a new category is created, and then another one later on down the road… and another and another. I would be constantly plagued with the need to constantly opt out and be therefore constantly annoyed by it.

A REAL solution is to use a forum that presents a list of topic categories and allows me to post or read from same and allows me to ignore any topic i have no interest in. This whole requirement to add filters is exactly why i NEVER participate in mailing lists, the signal to noise ratio makes them unusable and filters is again a NON solution.

0 Likes

mark4, I think you’ve misunderstood the suggestion. It is not “OPT OUT”, it is “OPT IN”. That is, you click on the category that you want to view, and you will see only the items in that category. If you’re viewing a filtered list of just one category, it doesn’t matter how many new categories are added… you won’t see them, you’ll just see the category that you’ve selected.

0 Likes

Why don’t you try starting here? It is the Categories options on the top row of which shows the forum in different contexts/viewpoints.

0 Likes

aha lol. ty!
that looks exactly like what i was looking for!

0 Likes