Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2219

Hi Jon, any recommendations on what should be done here theme wise?

Leave it as is with transparency and let core rendering improvements take care of performance, or change the theme design for this component to remove the alpha on the edges?

0 Likes

It’s only an issue on retina displays (due to 4x the number of alpha blended pixels to process), so the best temporary solution is probably to remove the alpha channel from the @2x versions of the images. I’d like to improve the performance of this area in the future, but it won’t happen for a while.

[quote=“que”]Am I the only one experiencing opposite/no effect?
Enabling gpu_window_buffer adds significant lag for typing while not improving scrolling/repainting speed at all on default theme comparing with previous build.[/quote]

What hardware and Sublime Text build are you using? The setting doesn’t need to be enabled on retina, it’s auto setting will enable it.

0 Likes

Hi Jon,

Retina MBP and 2219 nightly.

I know, I was trying to toggle it to see if there is a difference.
Video showing typing lag: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18933210/gpu_window_buffer_lag.mov.

When I decided to redo the video and remove my project name from it - I wasn’t able to reproduce the lag.
So it only happens when I have large Rails project opened in the sidebar (there is a project opened in the video, I just cropped it).
When I close all projects, or open small one (e.g few flies only) – there is no lag.

0 Likes

Since this build, i can’t drag the minimap ! :astonished:

0 Likes

I confirm what jeff1326 just said! Since the update, I can’t simply click on the minimap to drag the scrollbar.

0 Likes

Not that I have had any issues with it, but maybe:

Give that a whirl.

0 Likes

[quote=“keogh”]Not that I have had any issues with it, but maybe:

setting

Give that a whirl.[/quote]

I worked, I first tried with minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text to true, but I had to put it to false to make it work. Thank you!

0 Likes