Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2184

Nightly Build 2184 is out now. The plan is for nightly builds to be updated frequently, while dev builds will be updated less often than before. Nightly builds are for registered users only (see discussion in the 2183 thread). If you’re currently running a dev build, you won’t get an update notification for nightly build, you’ll have to install it manually.

2184 includes a couple of theme updates, including highlight_modified_tabs making a return. It’s also now feasible to make the widgets use the user color scheme, by commenting out the color scheme in Packages/Theme - Default/Widget.sublime-theme. The latter was possible previously, but introduced visual artifacts - these won’t occur any longer.

X11 primary selection (aka middle click paste) handling has changed too, to act more like an X11 application should. Changes include:

• Primary selection isn’t cleared when the selection is cleared.
  • Selection is cleared when another application asserts ownership of the primary selection.
  • Shift+insert will paste from the primary selection, and not the clipboard selection. Correspondingly, shift+delete and ctrl+insert are no longer bound.
0 Likes

Ubuntu middle mouse copy and paste (bug)
Nightly Build 2199

Thanks a lot for the X11 primary selection handling :smile:

0 Likes

The link for the windows portable build doesn’t seem to be working…

0 Likes

@jbjornson: Yep, the last space should be a dot instead.

0 Likes

Mac link broken too, missing a dot before “dmg”.

0 Likes

Funny, yesterday we talk about restricting/limiting access to Dev Build and today you add another channel of distribution (nightly).
I like to it a lot (yes I’m a geek that love to try alpha version :smiley: ), but isn’t managing 3 channels a lot of works ?

Anyway, Thanks for your great works and long live to ST2 !

0 Likes

Well spotted Guillermo, thanks!

0 Likes

Thanks for the reports, links are fixed now.

It’s not any more hassle doing 3 channels rather than 2, there’s not much involved in tagging a build as a dev vs nightly. The biggest risk is confusion over the three channels, I’m currently planning on migrating everyone currently on a dev build to a stable build when 2.0 is released (via the update checker).

0 Likes

I like the double+click to open a new tab thing very much.
“License or GTFO” at startup is a nice touch as well :mrgreen:

I think you killed two (or more) birds with one stone here Jon, new users will be “forced” to use a well tested build, there will be less whining about changes AND there is finally a “feature” that is available to registered users that is not available to those just evaluating; your nag screen is not very nagging TBH :wink:

0 Likes

The OSX version works without a license (I removed my license just to see what happens :mrgreen: )

0 Likes

License or GTFO worked for me on Win7 64bit.

0 Likes

Very nice!

It is cool to actually get some perks for being registered.

I also am digging the double click in the empty space to open a new tab. In the future it would probably be nice to have a dedicated spot. I think it would be more intuitive. Once you have enough tabs to fill the tab bar, you are clicking that little spot beside the last tab to open a new one. But a very nice addition.

0 Likes

I’d like to add a thank you for the return of highlight_modified_tabs. Having only the text highlighted took a couple of minutes to get used to, but I think I like it. If not, I guess I’ll have to dig in and change it to my liking.

Thanks for all the hard work, Jon.

0 Likes

Talking about tabs…

It would be nice if clicking the current tab, focus the previous focused tab.

This way you can jump quickly between two tabs ( for comparations or just checking ) by just clicking one without moving your mouse.

See: Firefox Last Tab

0 Likes

Same here, I had to try it by renaming my license file :smile:
The enter license dialog does indeed show, but you can still open views via the menu or if you use the “subl” command line tool.

0 Likes

WOAH! Nightly builds were a great idea. Who was it that came up with limiting it to registered users to reduce stress and get more positive and beneficial bug reports/feature requests? MEEE :smiley: While I’m not trying to take all the credit, I can’t help but feel like I was the catalyst to all this… (btw I have this strange feeling that Jon’s going to tell me that nightlys were the plan all along and I had nothing to do with it… so I should just stfu)

Jon, nice work with this. Hopefully now things go more streamline, with less redundancy and more happy and satisfied customers :smile:

0 Likes

Private development builds will mitigate some bug complaints, but you may end up getting duplicate bug reports for some bugs that may have been already resolved in the latest development build.
I hope it works out.

Apart from all of that, I’d really like to see some language in the license that could maybe guarantee at least one year of upgrades. I can imagine some folks not being happy about losing updates after purchasing a point release license. Perhaps a yearly subscription to updates could be financially rewarding enough to let you continue improving Sublime Text.

0 Likes

[quote=“atomi”]Private development builds will mitigate some bug complaints, but you may end up getting duplicate bug reports for some bugs that may have been already resolved in the latest development build.
I hope it works out.

Apart from all of that, I’d really like to see some language in the license that could maybe guarantee at least one year of upgrades. I can imagine some folks not being happy about losing updates after purchasing a point release license. Perhaps a yearly subscription to updates could be financially rewarding enough to let you continue improving Sublime Text.[/quote]

Currently if you purchase a license you’re guaranteed all future versions of Sublime Text, I think that covers your request and more.

0 Likes

That is not correct, as mentioned at sublimetext.com/sales_faq, licenses are valid for all point updates of Sublime Text 2, but Sublime Text 3 will be a paid upgrade.

0 Likes

[quote=“atomi”]
Apart from all of that, I’d really like to see some language in the license that could maybe guarantee at least one year of upgrades. I can imagine some folks not being happy about losing updates after purchasing a point release license. Perhaps a yearly subscription to updates could be financially rewarding enough to let you continue improving Sublime Text.[/quote]

That’s why Jon could do with a proper bug tracker.

0 Likes