Sublime Forum

My cmd+h shortcut to hide Sublime stopped working

I don’t know when this happened, but I recently noticed that when I press Cmd+H I can no longer hide the sublime text window. I can see that it’s the right shortcut and when I set sublime.log_commands(True) nothing happens when I press Cmd+H. There is no super+h in my keymap. Is there anywhere else I can look to fix this?

0 Likes

I would love it if anyone had a suggestion about this. It’s kind of annoying not being able to use cmd+h

0 Likes

I guess some other application is eating the key chord before it gets handed to Sublime Text, thus you can’t observe anything with sublime.log_commands(True). You could confirm this by also testing with sublime.log_input(True).

0 Likes

I can confirm that this is still happening. When I log_input(True) I see the event key when I press Cmd+h but still nothing happens. I even added an explicit app shortcut in the apple keyboard settings pane, but still nothing.

Is there anything I can try? (I’ve tried to live with it, but it’s sooo annoying)

0 Likes

May be there is package which steal that shortcut. If you Revert to a clean state (backuping your data) this still not working?

0 Likes

I have the save kind of problem like you. My Hide Others shortcut(option + cmd + H) not work.

Afterwards. I solved this problem by checkout my tools setting. This is the same shortcut steal the Hide Others shortcut.

Disable this shortcut, then Hide Others shortcut works again.

0 Likes

Hi

In my case it was a Hextoascii package that broke the shortcut.

0 Likes