Sublime Forum

Multiple Select Issues (with Ctrl+Alt+down or up)

So, I am new to Sublime Text 3. First let me say great job. This program is awesome! It has so many features that really increase my productivity. During my usage I have run across a few things related to multiple select/cursors. I’m not sure if these are bugs, if they are feature requests, or if there is already a keyboard shortcut that I am missing. Here they are:

1.- As an example, I am wanting to use multiple select by pressing Ctrl+Alt+down for 15 lines, 10 of which are off the screen. As I select down, the screen does not scroll with the multiple select cursor. This causes me to stop pressing Ctrl+Alt+down to scroll down to see how far I have selected before I can continue selecting with Ctrl+Alt+down. The same thing applies if using Ctrl+Alt+up. It would be nice if the screen scrolled with the multiple select cursor. If using Ctrl+d the scroll with multiple select works as desired.

2.- If I am using Ctrl+Alt+down to select 5 lines and I accidentally go 6 lines, I have to press Esc and start over. It would be nice if I pressed Ctrl+Alt+down six times to be able to press Ctrl+Alt+up to deselect the sixth line and go back to five. Currently, if I press Ctrl+Alt+down six times it selects six lines and then if I press Ctrl+Alt+up it adds the line directly above the six so that there is now a multiple selection of seven lines. Is there a keyboard shortcut that I am missing to decrease multiple select without Esc and restarting the selection?

0 Likes

The official read is to use soft-undo (ctrl+u) but that does not allways work as desired.
You could try the PowerCursors package: Multiple cursors with keyboard: PowerCursors
I myself use the column selection (drag middle mouse button/shift + drag right mouse button) to select multiple cursors rather than to select columns.
As for the scrolling you could use ctrl+down to scroll the screen first to a position you can view all you need without moving the cursor.

0 Likes