Sublime Forum

Multi-line editing: Deselect key bindings, scrolling, and line removal

1. Are there settings or a plugin for key bindings to deselect the previous or next line in a multi-line selection?

There is apparently no such command, in the Selection menu nor in the default key bindings. I have found references for adding and removing multiple cursors with a mouse, but this is not what I’m looking for.

When opening the default key bindings, the Default dir, where the tab claims the file exists (…\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Default\Default (Windows).sublime-keymap), doesn’t actually exist.

I believe I had once found the file(s) with the menu bar and its key bindings, perhaps for ST2, but right now I’m unable to find them.

2. Is there a setting or plugin to make a multi-line selection scroll not when all but the last cursor remains on screen but when the first line attempts to go off screen?

3. Is there a setting or plugin to disable the removing of lines in a multi-line selection when scrolling beyond the first and last lines?

Or should any of these instead be posted as bugs or suggestions?

Thanks.

(Windows build 3103)

0 Likes

Maybe https://packagecontrol.io/packages/MultiEditUtils suits your needs?

0 Likes

No, MultiEditUtils doesn’t have any of the features I’m asking about, but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes