Sublime Forum

Mouse clicks & scroll don't work in text editor in Windows 7

I don’t know how this happened, but I’ve lost the ability to use my mouse in the text editor area in Sublime Text 2. The mouse clicks work on the tabs above the text editor area and work in the code map, but not the text editor. I can’t select any text with the mouse, move the cursor with the mouse or scroll through code with the mouse.

I’m using version 2.0.1, Build 2217 running in Windows 7.

The other posts I’ve read here say to re-install and/or reboot. Neither of these options has worked for me.

What I’ve tried:

1. rebooting
  2. uninstalling and installing
  3. uninstalling, rebooting and installing
  4. uninstalling, running IObit Uninstaller and CCleaner (to clean out any lingering registry files), rebooting and reinstalling

When uninstalling, I’ve deleted the ‘Sublime Text 2’ folder from %appdata%. I’ve tried replacing my ‘Sublime Text 2’ folder in %appdata% with one copied from a co-worker’s machine. I’ve rebooted after doing the fresh installs.

NOTHING HAS WORKED.

Also, the Vintage package is being ignored in both the default and user preferences.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the mouse working again? I really enjoyed using Sublime Text until this happened.

0 Likes

Mouse ignored in editor
Mouse ignored in editor

Same problem here. On occasion, the mouse in the text area works, but usually does not. I have not been able to figure out the cause.

0 Likes

Try with the portable version of ST2 which is like a clean install.
If it happen as well, it’s a bug.
If it doesn’t happen, more likely something related to plugins.

0 Likes

confirm the same ptoblem!

mouse don’t work in Editor window and in Console window. but work fine in all other places.

i used Win7,WinXp,portable and install version,with and without my plugins

please help.

build 2217 2.0.1
also i try to test dev version - same shit :frowning:

0 Likes

I saw same problem, anyone with multimonitor setup?

0 Likes

I confirm similar problem…

in my case, I use V 2.0.1, build 2217

I did pretty much same as the author of this subject, reinstalled and tried different setups, with and without plugins/settings.
It has no effect on the issue.

But in my case mouse seems to work perfectly in editor, ut in side-bar left-mouse button does not work at all.
I can activate tabs with left click, but cant close them by clicking on “x”.

seems to be a bug.

PS: WinRegisty has no entries of sublime except file extensions

0 Likes

Same problem. Also worthy of note is that, to me, it happened suddenly to **both ** ST2 and ST3 at the same time.

tito, I have three monitors. Could this be related?

0 Likes

This was happening to me, with ST2, I use two monitors with ultramon. Since I have installed ST3, this isn’t happened. I also updated my graphic card drivers.

0 Likes

This is happening to me with Sublime 3 build 3047, on Win 2k3 32bit. Single-monitor setup.

**Things I tried: **

• Upgraded video drivers to a 2013 version (NVDA GeForce 7300 GT).

• Disable font smoothing, switch between standard and cleartype

• Disable video acceleration, switch to 8bit colors, 800x600 resolution.

• Portable version of ST3 and ST2.

• Virtual mouse (using the MouseKeys accessibility feature)

• Cleanup registry (manually removing all sublime* instances)

• Windows safe mode

• Revert to fresh install

… Help?

0 Likes

Bump. Same problem! I am a full-time computer science student and NEED my sublime to work. Please help! Cannot figure out the solution to this.

0 Likes

It worked for me after disabling one of the mouse entries in Device Manager.

I use a Dell laptop, with a Logitech Wireless Keyboard (that includes a wireless mouse that I do not use) and a wired USB mouse. Device Manager lists

• Dell Touchpad
  • HID-compliant mouse
  • HID-compliant mouse

Disabling the second entry did the trick.

0 Likes

Ran in to the same problem on Windows. I as able to fix it by deleting the Session.sublime_session file under ‘Sublime Text 3/Local’

0 Likes

I’m having a similar issue in Ubuntu 12.0.4.4 64bit on ST3 - can’t scroll in the editor window and right-clicks don’t work. Right clicks do work in the sidebar, however. I have a pretty barebones setup, the only plugins I have installed are Dayle Rees Colour Schemes, Enhanced Sidebar, and HTML/CSS Prettify. This problem kind of comes and goes, it seems if I right-click repeatedly eventually it starts to work again (both right-clicks and the scroll wheel).

0 Likes

Hi,

I’m using Sublime 2.0.2 build 2221 on W7 Pro.

The day I persuaded my boss to buy it for me, the mouse has stopped working in ST2 ! Have read all previous posts and nothing is working for me.

Help!

Stuart

0 Likes

Hi,

Is there any way to get some support with this issue?

I’m on W7 x64 with 8GB / single mouse entry in devices (driver up to date) / using a freshly downloaded copy of ST2

… and the mouse doesn’t work inside the program! I’ve spent the last few weeks convincing everyone here that ST is the text editor to go for, then it breaks! For a £40 app I’d expect a little support when something like this happens and its obviously a known issue going by related posts. Whats the option now? Choose something else? A reply from an ST dev or support person would be nice - even if its just a case of “we are aware and working on it…”.

Thanks,
Stuart

0 Likes

Just downloaded the beta of ST3 - and its exactly the same - can anyone help? Pretty please?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

0 Likes

No replies? No insightful responses from the ST people?
I have a new question: Why is this forum named ‘Technical Support’?

It’s heartbreaking; I really want to buy, colleagues who witnessed it in action want to buy - but then this happens and tech support seems to be non existent.Its a crying shame.

Stuart

0 Likes

I had this problem because I accidentally deleted default.sublime-package in Program Files>Sublime Text 3>Packages. Restored it and back in business!

0 Likes

Hi,

The same problem solved for me by graphic card drivers update.
Intel HD Graphics 4600 on windows 7 64 bit after applying system update mouse stopped working in Sublime.
Reinstalling the driver from Intel site https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3720 solved the problem.

BR,
Alex

0 Likes

Hi I have the same issue in Ubuntu Gnome 15.04
It worked, and suddenly stopped to work.
Restarted Sublime and no luck.

0 Likes